The English Department invites entries for the The NICK ADAMS SHORT STORY CONTEST 2015
(an annual contest sponsored by the ACM and dating back to 1973)
1. Entrants must be enrolled students in good standing at Knox but need not be English majors or enrolled in an English course.
2. Submissions are limited to one story per author.
3. Submitted stories need not be written especially for the contest, but stories cannot have been previously published off campus.
(Note that publication in an on-campus journal does not exclude a story from entry.)
4. Each submission must include a title page with the author’s name, complete contact information, and the title of the story. Stories must be double-spaced and paginated.
5. Each submitted manuscript is limited to 10,000 words.
6. Please direct questions to Monica Berlin (firstname.lastname@example.org or x-7195).
Entries must be received electronically as one document (.doc or .docx only) to Monica Berlin (email@example.com) by Thursday, Jan. 22 by 4 p.m.
For more information on the history of the contest, and to read about this year’s judge, Maureen McCoy, see the ACM’s website here.