The English Department invites entries for the The NICK ADAMS SHORT STORY CONTEST 2018
(an annual contest sponsored by the ACM and dating back to 1973)
1. Entrants must be enrolled students in good standing at Knox but need not be English majors or enrolled in an English course.
2. Submissions are limited to one story per author.
3. Submitted stories need not be written especially for the contest, but stories cannot have been previously published off campus.
(Note: publication in an on-campus journal or winning an on-campus prize does not exclude a story from entry.)
4. Entries must be double-spaced and paginated. Each submission must also include, as part of the same document, a title page with the author’s name, complete contact information, and the title of the story. Do not include your name in headers/footers on the story proper.
5. Please save file as YourName.doc or YourName.docx, and submit as an attachment to email@example.com. Do not share the file on google drive.
6. Each submitted manuscript is limited to 10,000 words.
Entries must be received electronically (.doc or .docx only to firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, January 26 by 4 p.m.
For more information on the history of the contest, and to read about this year’s judge who will be announced soon, see the ACM’s website here.