The Library has purchased subscriptions to the following new databases.
- Aluka is an international, collaborative initiative building an online digital library of scholarly resources from and about Africa. Contributed materials include archival documents, periodicals, books, reports, manuscripts, reference works, 3-D models, maps, oral histories, photographs, and slides. Knox subscribes to two content areas: African Cultural Heritage Sites & Landscapes and Struggles for Freedom in Southern Africa.
- Black Thought & Culture is a collection of approximately 100,000 pages of primary source materials including non-fiction writings covering 250 years of history, including letters, speeches, prefatory essays, political leaflets, oral histories, interviews, periodicals and trial transcripts.
- GreenFILE provides citations to journal articles covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. GreenFILE draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance provides indexing for over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries.
- Sage eReference is a collection of 62 reference texts in the social sciences published between 2003 and 2007. Encyclopedias in the collection cover diverse topic areas, including Gender & Sexuality Studies (American Masculinities: A Historical Encyclopedia), History (Encyclopedia of American Urban History), Communication & Media Studies (Encyclopedia of Children, Adolescents and the Media) and much more.
- Women & Social Movements is a collection of primary documents, books, images, scholarly essays, book reviews, web site reviews and teaching tools focusing on women’s activism in public life. The Scholar’s Edition also incorporates Notable American Women: A Biographical Dictionary plus other data, statistics and publications.