The Knox College Library is please to announce that the following new databases and electronic resources are now available to Knox students, faculty and staff.
- Access World News provides access to local, in-state, national and international news sources, including newspapers, broadcast transcripts, newswires, news blogs, news web-only content and video.
- Consumer Health Complete is a comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support patients’ information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. Consumer Health Complete provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. In addition, Consumer Health Complete includes the Clinical Reference System and the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which provides access to up-to-date, concise and clinically relevant drug monographs.
- Grove Music Online includes the full text of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, second edition, the Oxford Companion to Music and the Oxford Dictionary of Music.
- MasterFILE Premier is a multidisciplinary database providing full text for nearly 1,750 general reference publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and 164,424 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 453,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online features essential language resources - fully searchable, completely comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, and unique study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages. Offering over 4 million words, phrases and translations in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, and Chinese, the site also features native speaker audio pronunciation - allowing you to hear how words actually sound.
- Political Science Complete provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,900 titles and full text for more than 500 publications, including top-ranked scholarly journals, recent reference works, and professional conference papers. Its coverage consists of a wide range of topics such as law and legislation, comparative politics, political theory, international relations, humanitarian issues and non-governmental organizations. This database replaces World Wide Political Science Abstracts.
- SocINDEX with full text is the world’s most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 1,986,000 records with full text for 708 journals dating back to 1908. This database also includes full text for more than 780 books and monographs, and full text for 9,333 conference papers. This database replaces Sociological Abstracts.